Rice krispie treats are a classic and I know I’m not the only one who LOVED them as a kid. The other day, I had the idea to try to make a Shayna’s Kitchen version. They turned out just as sweet, crunchy and satisfying as the classic recipe but just have a few more nutritious ingredients. Adding @bottleandstone CBD to the glaze was a no-brainer for me— it gave the recipe a boost of fantastic health benefits!
For the rice krispie treats:
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter I used @jemorganics
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 3/4 cups sprouted crispy rice cereal
- 2 tsp CBD oil optional— I used the Cinnamon flavor!
For the glaze:
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp almond-pecan milk or your favorite nut milk
- Line a 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy removal)
- Add the coconut butter, almond butter and maple syrup to a large pot over medium heat. Whisk until smooth and liquid-y (about 1 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in CBD oil.
- Stir the sprouted crispy rice cereal into the warmed coconut butter mixture until all of the cereal is incorporated.
- Spread the rice krispie treat mixture onto the parchment lined pan with a spatula.
- Chill in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- While chilling, make the glaze. Warm the glaze ingredients in a small sauce pan until it becomes smooth. Add nut milk as needed to create the consistency you desire.
- Once the treats are set, drizzle with the glaze and store in the refrigerator.